1. I really wish they hadn’t killed Bucky (who had assumed the role of Captain America after the assassination of Steve Rogers and his recovery from the Winter Soldier episode) in Fear Itself. Captain America is supposed to be the vanguard for our nation, and Bucky was a far more compelling Cap for modern America. He was not an embodiment of a time and culture with which it grows increasingly difficult to identify; he was a human (with a bionic arm and combat mastery) who had been exploited and abused but still fought for a better tomorrow.
2. Sometimes I wonder what happened to Ant. After looking at the wiki, I wish I hadn’t.
3. I want everyone to read Brian Wood’s Local and Fabio Moon & Gabriel Ba’s Daytripper. They are getting me through transplanting my life. The former is a 12-part narrative about slices of life making a pie with which you have to be satisfied; the latter is about perfect moments of life really being small deaths of previous iterations of yourself.
4. EAWW has a sample of an upcoming new track. I spent a really long time on it.
5. If you’re not listening to Tsar’s 2000 self-titled album, you’re not listening to power pop. Highlight: “Kathy Fong Is the Bomb.”
6. The more I think about it, the more I’ll probably grow up to be Ron Swanson.